Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Cadillac Eldorado: 1995 Eldorado north star 4.6 engine starts

Customer Question
1995 Eldorado north star 4.6...
1995 Eldorado north star 4.6 engine starts cold idles but when reved up it dies and will not start when hot
just changed fuel pump no change
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/28/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to determine what is failing there are a few things that you need to check when the engine will not start, in order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (32 to 38 PSI) . If you can check each on of these and post back with which one you are lacking when it will not start we can work from there to determine the cause.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician