Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Cadillac CTS: 2008 CTS, 125000 miles. Check Engine DIC indicates

Customer Question
2008 CTS, 125000 miles....
2008 CTS, 125000 miles. Check Engine DIC indicates a timing chain issue. I hear this is a know issue by GM and they are covering 10 years or 120,000 miles. Dealer wants $3700 to fix it. What options do I have?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/20/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech - replied 2 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
It is true- the timing chains on these vehicles are a huge issue, and there is currently a "Special Coverage Adjustment" (Bulletin#: 11340B) offered by GM. This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first. When it comes to terms of the coverage, GM is usually pretty strict and even though you are only 5,000 miles over, they'll probably give you a hard time. However, it can't hurt to fight it! I would suggest calling 1-***-***-**** and asking them what they can do for you. Explain to them you've had the problem since before the 120,000 marker and are just learning of the coverage now. You never know, they may cover some or part of the cost. Can't hurt to try!
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -