Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac Concours: , I'm Mrs. Madden, and the owner of a

Customer Question

Hi, I`m Mrs. Madden, and the owner of a 1997 Cadillac Concour, last 8 numbers in Vin are: VU273862. The information Center says Stability Reduced, when the car brakes on it`s own, and without me applying any brakes. When driving at a high rate of speed, 65 and 70 mph, and at a lower rate of speed, 40 and 50 mph, it goes into a very hard braking mode on it`s own. Can the electronic stability control be reprogrammed?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Mrs Madden,
The Stability message will come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault codes and in order to determine what is failing the system is going to need to be scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved and those will need to be addressed. If you are able to get the scan done and post back with the results we can direct you in the correct repair. With out have the fault codes there is no way to determine the cause.