Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac XTS: I recently began leasing a new Cadillac and my

Customer Question

I recently began leasing a new Cadillac and my previous driving pattern over 40 months averaged 2350 miles/month. In the new car, however, the first month registered over 3400 miles. There was no unusual trips, etc taken. Second cause for concern is that when I drive previously calculated routes (i.e. from my house to the store) this car registers about 10% more than I previously tracked - 2.0 miles is 2.2 miles in the new car. Third, when using the navigation system, it will tell me that a turn is coming up ahead in 800 feet when it's clearly less than 500 feet (which would register the car traveling further than actually did). And finally, between fill-ups the actual mileage driven yields a lower mpg than the car calculates, also indicating fewer miles driven than registering. From my research it appears that this can be done fairly easily with some devices (easier than rolling back the miles apparently). Am I right to be concerned? How can I prove this?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
You for sure need to get the vehicle to the dealer. They can verify this by getting the vehicle and another on the same road at the same speed and both trip odometers reset at the same time to compare there end reading after 5 miles. Once they have verified the problem, then the repairs can be made. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris