Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cadillac STS: ,I'm trying to find a coolant leak I think…

Customer Question
hi ,I'm trying to find...
hi ,I'm trying to find a coolant leak I think it may be coming from the thermostat I need help fixing it
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/13/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It is pretty common for the thermostat housing to leak so that is a good place to start, when replacing the thermostat its a good idea to replace both the top gasket for the thermostat and well as the lower housing gasket. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and past the links to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Thermostat%20Jun%2013.pdf