Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cadillac STS: Dropped my key fob down the defrost vent on top…

Customer Question
Dropped my key fob down...
Dropped my key fob down the defrost vent on top of the dash. Tried a hanger, no good. Any suggestions without tearing the dash apart?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/10/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
The defroster grille comes out of the dash? Is the fob still up top where you can grab it if the grille is out of the way?
No went to bottom of duct. Way to get fob from engine compartment?
Do I have to go in from defrosted vent or can I try an a/c vent?
If the fob dropped you need to remove the duct work which means removing the dashboard. If the fob is not interfering with the operation of the doors I would leave it and just get another. It is a full day's work to get it out.
Please let me know how I can help
Thank you
I also I hope to aftermarket radio up and hook up a remote wire now the radio stays on at all times. Solution?
*I also hooked
The radio would be a separate question on a separate system on the vehicle and should be posted as such according to site rules. If you need any more information about the heating and cooling system please let me know
Thank you
Srry 1st time user. If fob went to bottom of duct is it possible to get from dash vent?
The only place you might have a chance is through the defrost vent with a magnet on a flexible stick. If it isn't hurting anything I would get another.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26725849/defog.pdf
Copy and paste that link into a new browser tab and please let me know how I can help
Thank you
Please let me know how I can help
Thank you