Amedee
Amedee, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My el dorado has since approx 100,000 miles has had electrical

Customer Question

My el dorado has since approx 100,000 miles has had electrical problem drawing from my battery while sitting. Charge battery and within 1 to 2 days if not driven battery will be dead again. When battery is only low the fuel door and trunk will open when you turn key. I have had it at dealerships and they have connected to computer no find no problems. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
To diagnose this condition, you are going to have to pinpoint what is drawing the battery down. To do this, you will need to disconnect the negative battery terminal from the battery and put a test light between the negative cable and the negative battery terminal. With the key out of the ignition switch and the vehicle just sitting there (make sure the doors are closed) the test light should not light up bright. If it does, there is a draw that will need to be diagnosed. Then to find out what circuit the battery draw is on, disconnect one fuse at a time until the test light goes out. When it does, you have found the circuit that the draw is on.
If you use a voltmeter to do this, anything over 100ma is too much draw.
I hope this helps.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
ItsCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Customer