Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cadillac srx: , we have had repeated trips to the shop

Customer Question
hello, we have had repeated...
hello, we have had repeated trips to the shop for oil leaks in the valv cover gasket and cam phaser gaskets for a 2004 Cadillac srx that we just purchased. We do hav a*****train warranty from Chrystler where we purchased the car. However, on the way home from picking up the car today the engine light came on P0021 ( cam saft position timing sensor). Is it common for this sensor to fail when you have an oil leak, is this still part of the drive train warranty and lastly the vehicle is still dripping oil on the driveway....any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cadillac
5/30/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 3 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me which engine you have in your SRX?