Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Mo. I need the replace 2004 Deville w Front driver window

Customer Question
Hi Mo. I need the...
Hi Mo. I need the replace 2004 Deville w
Front driver window regulator. I'm having trouble getting door panel off. Any tips?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
5/24/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 2 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
The links below are the service procedures for servicing the front door panel and the window regulator. A trim tool is recommended, looks kind of like a pry bar with a notch cut out in the blade to pry out and release the panel clips.
Front Door Panel Service and Repair
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0iGdcsV43VYT0VMc1JlSnZHbjg/view?usp=sharing
Front Door Window Regulator Service and Repair
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0iGdcsV43VYN0ZEcGFERE9jYnM/view?usp=sharing
When the battery on your vehicle has been disconnected, you will need to program each side door window regulator motor in order for the express-UP or express-DOWN feature to operate properly. Keep in mind that if something is obstructing the window from closing or opening and you continue programming, the window will only express-UP or express-DOWN to the spot where the obstruction occurred. You will need to reprogram the side door window regulator motor.
The following steps explain how to program the side door window regulator motors:
1. Press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully DOWN.
2. Continue holding the power window switch for approximately 3 seconds.
3. Press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully UP.
4. Continue holding the power window switch for approximately 3 seconds.
5. The power window regulator motor is now programmed for the express function.
6. Repeat this process for all of the power windows with the express feature.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.
Hi There,
You last viewed this thread on May 24th, and I hope the information I gave was helpful. Let me know if you have followed through with my recommendations.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks so much.
Clayso
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician