Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Cadillac DTS: 2010 cad dts ... radio functions but no sound

Customer Question

2010 cad dts ... radio functions but no sound ... plugged in exterior source ... still no sound ... I was able to place a phone call tho n had sound .... on line search says it might b the amp in the trunk ... Robert
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Technically you should have GM Dealer use Scan Tool to isolate the problem.Typically it is the Amplifier that causes No Sound, but can be an issue with the BCM (body control module) Radio, Fuse or Speakers.The AMP is located in the trunk, behind the upper Back Seat.You need to remove the lower & upper back seat to accessTest the TAN / DARK BLUE wire at the AMP for Voltage + with Key ONThe BCM & Radio turns the AMP ON via DATA, so use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to testapprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..