Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cadillac CTS: I have Cadi CTS 2003 and my engine keeps locking…

Customer Question
I have Cadi CTS 2003...
I have Cadi CTS 2003 and my engine keeps locking up leaving the key stuck in the ignition and the car won't crank until I mess with the battery connectors. When I actually mess with the battery connectors it will actually reset the engine or it cycles some system within the engine that allows the key to get unstuck and the car to start. I was thinking it may be anti-lock but now I'm thinking maybe electric?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cadillac
5/21/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 3 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Hello, My name I Randall. I will do my best to assist you with your question.Is this happening every time you turn it off or just sometimes? and does anything else continue to work when this happens? lights, wipers, blower, headlights and so on?
Maybe every other time. More and more frequent now. I believe the only thing that actually works when it locks up is the headlights. Nothing else
Sorry for the delay, was offline when you replied. Do you still need help with this? figure it out? etc? I am on/off the remainder of the day
Yes I still haven't gotten any feedback
I am going to open the post up to the other experts, sorry I could not help
I would like to get a refund