sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Cadillac sedan deville: 89 cad.diville.air works but cannot

Customer Question

89 cad.diville.air works but cannot get warm air,defrosters wont shut off.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a few different things going on.
The problem could be the control head, the programmer, a wiring issue to either, or a loss of vacuum to the programmer. I'm assuming that the mode and blend door issues started at the same time.
The control head sends a signal to the programmer. The programmer receives engine vacuum and is what is responsible for actually moving the doors in the heater box by applying vacuum to the actuators. If the mode actuator loses vacuum it will default to defrost, the blend door actuator will simply not move. A failed programmer would be most likely if fuses nad vacuum to the programmer are good.