Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac CTS: Ron,I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS-V6Sedan

Customer Question

Hi Ron,
I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS-V6
Sedan 4D 3.2L with VIN: 1G6DM57NX30106290
Engine light is on and I am in CA so cant sell until its fixed?
Daily stall outs at 15-35-and even 65 MPH; hard starts or crazy RMP starts; local GMAC mechanic pinned down to throttle body and/or and throttle sensors and pedal sensors; it throws off random codes never really realted to issue. NOW have been told its faulty WIRING and WIRING HARNESS that connects to mother-board computer.
Car has 166K miles and fair shape - maybe worth only $4K max if repairable.
JUNK IT or fix and sell for $4K+?
THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME!
Anti-CTS owner John
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the vehicle is in great shape overall besides the issue here it to me would be worth it to repair it and then sell the vehicle instead of junking it.Usually you can obtain a wiring harness from a salvage yard for cheap and pay the few hours labor to have it installed to correct this here.I would say around $500 to $800 is the most to replace the harness.
Thanks Pete