Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac catrra: 2001 cadillac catera ;car starts runs for

Customer Question

2001 cadillac catera ;car starts runs for 20min then dies cool off for bot 20min then will restart whats my problem?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
When the engine stalls the first thing you need to do is to monitor the fuel pressure, normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 46 to 59 PSI, anything less then 46 would indicate the fuel pump is failing and or you have a restricted fuel filter. If the pressure checks okay then the next steps would be to see if you have good spark to the spark plug as well as injector pulse when it will not start. Check these thing and post back with the results and we can work from there.