Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2002 Cadillac Deville base model (one owner 76,000 miles)

Customer Question
PROBLEM: Car Overheating CONDITION OF...
2002 Cadillac Deville base model (one owner 76,000 miles) PROBLEM: Car Overheating CONDITION OF CAR: Compression in the cylinders is between 150-175 psi; I did a Block Test and it didn’t change colors (the fluid stayed blue); There is no white smoke out
of the exhaust pipes; It has the proper Dex-cool anti-freeze; The purge line is clear; No cracks in coolant reservoir; No codes on engine; It has a new thermostat and reservoir cap; The radiator was flushed and the fluid flows in and out of the radiator without
any restrictions; Heater and AC works; When overheats the Coolant doesn’t overflow out of reservoir; Water pump is spinning properly and propellers are good; Coolant Fans are coming on and off (I usually run with the AC on and the fans are on) Why could it
be overheating? Are there any other reasons for the car to overheat? Could the Fans run and be inconstant? How to test? Could the relays be defective? How to test? Could it be that the temperature gauge needs to be reset? I do not see actually temperature
reading only the bars and when it pass the middle bar (the instrument panel says Engine Hot) What’s your suggestion? Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
5/4/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Can you tell me if it overheats at all speeds? How is it on the highway?
It overheats in the driveway after about 25 minutes of idling. I do not have the car registered so I'm unable to ride on highway. I have drove in the neighbor and it drives good.
And the fans come on as the engine gets hot?
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician