Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Cadillac Deville: Where is the EGR valve on a 1996 Cadillac

Where is the EGR valve on a
1996 Cadillac Deville? Easy to replace?
Thanks,
Raul

Thanks for using J/A / Pearl
My answer is below.

Please understand, the site makes me post the following:

"Please only rate my answer if you are satisfied with the service I have provided.
If you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have, because this will result in a negative mark on my feedback record.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Instead, please simply reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT link with the issue you have.
I am happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek."
My answer may not be to your liking, but is a correct & honest answer.
Many times the only fix will be by Dealer or Shop, so please do not hold that against me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Engine overheated as I left PEP Boys because the water pump belt they installed came off. Now I have a related 1258 code. What needs to be done. Belt was replaced- not overheating now. 2) Code 1406 - failed EGR. Where is it on this engine?

1) 1258.......
>>> CLICK HERE

Try clearing the Code first
Replace ECT, if you are "sure" it is no longer overheating

The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor is located on the Left hand rear corner of the engine, below the exhaust gas recirculation valve (egr)

>>> CLICK HERE to replace

2) 1406.....

>>> CLICK HERE

Located on Left Hand Rear Top Of Engine

graphic

>>>> CLICK HERE to replace

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

If not, you must Rate my answer for me to recieve some compensation, as that is how a recieve a small portion of the Deposit................thank you

see above

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Still can't spot the ect. Is it difficult to see/ reach? I have no special tools. Your diagrams are good. I just can't find it.

Raul

It is located "below" the EGR & removal of the EGR is sometimes needed to get to it

tight fit
On the back of the Head

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Give me a while to try. Will rate excellent.

Raul

thanks..............