Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

2002 Cadillac Escalade: I find the Rear Blend Door actuator

Customer Question

Where do I find the Rear Blend Door actuator for a 2002 Cadillac Escalade? In the Escalade? I can find them on-line in stores... :)
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 5 years ago.
It's on the airbox, under the RR trim panel. You'll have to remove the trim panel to access it, but once you have that panel out of the way, it looks like this (#1 in this drawing):

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is that the right rear trim in the back near the wheel well? is the Actuator easy to replace?
Yes, that is the trim piece I'm talking about, and once the trim is out of the way, it's a matter of a couple of screws holding the actuator in place.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If this actuator is bad, will it cause the rear air to cycle from cold to hot. My front air stays very cold when it is set. however, when i turn rear air on it cycles....

i heard it could be the blend door actuator...

It's not likely, but nothing is out of the question. It actually sounds like your AC system is low on charge, as it's not able to handle the heat load of both evaporators running at once. It could be low several ounces to half a pound, and this is the kind of symptom it would display.