Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2002 Cadillac Escalade: I find the Rear Blend Door actuator

Customer Question
Where do I find the...
Where do I find the Rear Blend Door actuator for a 2002 Cadillac Escalade? In the Escalade? I can find them on-line in stores... :)
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Cadillac
5/7/2012
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 5 years ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
It's on the airbox, under the RR trim panel. You'll have to remove the trim panel to access it, but once you have that panel out of the way, it looks like this (#1 in this drawing):

Is that the right rear trim in the back near the wheel well? is the Actuator easy to replace?
Yes, that is the trim piece I'm talking about, and once the trim is out of the way, it's a matter of a couple of screws holding the actuator in place.

If this actuator is bad, will it cause the rear air to cycle from cold to hot. My front air stays very cold when it is set. however, when i turn rear air on it cycles....

i heard it could be the blend door actuator...

It's not likely, but nothing is out of the question. It actually sounds like your AC system is low on charge, as it's not able to handle the heat load of both evaporators running at once. It could be low several ounces to half a pound, and this is the kind of symptom it would display.
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician