Jettadan1
Jettadan1, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy. I work on them all the time
17254274

on my 2000 cadillac deville the trouble codes C1214 and C1248

on my 2000 cadillac deville the trouble codes C1214 and C1248 come up and the brake, abs and traction lights are all displayed What's the problem?
Submitted: 5 years ago via GreatAutoHelp.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.

Jettadan1 :

Welcome to Just Answer. We are working on a fast accurate answer Based on the info you have provided. Your time and my time are both Very important.

Jettadan1 :

Hi I am Daniel

Jettadan1 :

Your probable cause is a bad electronic brake control module. But Connections and wires need to always be checked.

Jettadan1 :

I can supply testing and diagram if this would help if you are doing your own work.

Customer:

Would the pump/pressure switch also need replacement

Jettadan1 :

No not if those are your only codes.

Customer:

I thought that might be the case. I was told that the pump might also be defective which would in turn take out the replaced control module which they referred to as a relay of sorts.

Jettadan1 :

yes the relay is intregrated into ecbm and is not servicable

Jettadan1 :

If youhave any questions or requests please let me know.

Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.

I believe there was a issue in chat so I switched us to Q and A. Let me knoiw if you have any other questions at all even after accept. Dont forget the green accept button.

Regards Daniel

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So if the pump/pressure switch was also defective there would be an additional error code. In other words, the switch does not need to be replaced at this time? My service advisor suggested that both units be replaced to safeguard damage to the ebcm.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.

he should be able to a fuctions test on the switch and prove it is bad. yes usually if there is not a error code there isnt nothing wrong with it. But. I have seen sensors that were bad that have not thrown error but I tgested them with a scanner and did a funtions test and compared it to a know good running pattern in my scanner. My program as his should have a complete program. Thanks for letting me clear that up for you.

Regards Daniel

Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.
I had a prompt that you replied to me. Let me know if youhave any questions at all. before or after accept.