Cadillac

88 seville: heater core, or thermostat or worse..hot air..overheating…

Customer Question
hi i have a 88...
hi i have a 88 seville, the air blows out but its not hot...could it be heater core, or thermostat or worse? even after like 2 hours of driving hot air never comes out, and its not overheating at all, just no heat... Read full answer
hi i have a 88 seville, the air blows out but its not hot...could it be heater core, or thermostat or worse? even after like 2 hours of driving hot air never comes out, and its not overheating at all, just no heat
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Cadillac
1/9/2012
Cadillac Mechanic: BigBob, Service Manager/Technician replied 7 years ago
BigBob
BigBob, Service Manager/Technician
Greetings and welcome to just answer!!!!!!!!

When it is at operating temp are both heater hoses very hot? Or is one hot and one cool/warm?

Bob
hi bob, im not sure which one is the heater hoses, i could certainly check but i dont have a diagram of under the hood, or access to the repair manual
Bob?
Sorry my computer has been down. These are the 2 hoses that go into the firewall.

Bob
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Question about an 88 eldorado is it designed that the heat
question about an 88 eldorado is it designed that the heat only comes out through the floor and defrost vents, the A/C comes out through the dashboard vents but no heat comes out thru the dashboard ve… read more
Roy
Roy
shop foreman,
I have a 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6L with no interior heat
I have a 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6L with no interior heat (passenger, driver side, or rear). I've been doing a lot of research and have yet to find a definitive answer. So far, I've checked my coolant and… read more
SHOP OWNER,
2008 CTS Heater started just blowing cold air. Changed
2008 CTS Heater started just blowing cold air. Changed Thermostat and flushed heater core. Top hose get hot bottom hose stays cold. This didn't fix the problem still no heat … read more
David Craig
David Craig
OWNER/MECHANIC,
Associates
Stop searching for answers—
The heater isn't working is there any climate control codes
The heater isn't working is there any climate control codes I need to know it's a 94 Cadillac Seville sls … read more
Todd M
Todd M
Owner,
ASE Certification
Blockage in cooling system, I have it chased down to the
I have it chased down to the rear of the engine. The line where coolant goes to the heater core seems to be blocked. It the line in the back of the engine the hot line or return line? … read more
Cadillac Technician,
Heat comes out warm then turns cold, just had it flushed and
new thremastate all hoses are hot for the going to heater core … read more
David Craig
David Craig
OWNER/MECHANIC,
Associates
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a 98 Deville. Runs great, but it has a 180 thermostat
Hi. I have a 98 Deville. Runs great, but it has a 180 thermostat and it used to run right around 190 all the time and now it runs around 197-201 all the time. I'm trying to figure out why this change … read more
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
self employed,
Cadillac Sedan Deville: Just changed the water pump on my 1993
Just changed the water pump on my 1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville and the heater will not produce hot air when blowing to the floor, however; the defrost heats up like a champ? Are there two thermostats -… read more
Automotive Diagnostic Specialist,
General auto certifications
88 seville: air blows..it be heater core, or thermostat or worse
hi i have a 88 seville, the air blows out but its not hot...could it be heater core, or thermostat or worse? even after like 2 hours of driving hot air never comes out, and its not overheating at all,… read more
Mike S.
Mike S.
Deville: thermostat..cool air..main vents and luke warm air..defroster
I have a 1991 Cad Deville with a heater problem. I changed the thermostat. It still blows hot air out of the small slits in the base of the heater duct work but cool air through the main vents and luk… read more
Vladimir Grodskiy
Vladimir Grodskiy
Automotive Electrician,
94 sedan with heat problems...checked fluid..changed thermostat..warm
I have a 94 sedan with heat problems. I checked fluid, changed thermostat and it still takes forever for the air to get warm. Any advice will be very much appreciated.… read more
SHOP OWNER,
1999 cadillac sts: blower motor and control module..no hot air..cool
I recently replaced a blower motor and control module to my 1999 cadillac sts because the sytem was cuting off and on. The blower is now working fine along with the A/C, however, when I switched over … read more
Automotive Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
1996 cadillac: water pump it seems like the flow..heater..its on ac
I have a 1996 cadillac sls and it is over heating i have got a new thermostat and also checked the water pump it seems like the flow of the water is not right another weird thing is when the car is ge… read more
Tim West
Tim West
Service Manager,
Computer/ Automotive certifications
1995 Deville: blow hot air..only luke warm..radiator hose..Vacuum leak
1995 Deville: Heat doesn't blow hot air, only luke warm after warm up, upper radiator hose hot, lower one only warm. Vacuum leak check? Don't have diagram Rick Motorcar… read more
Automotive Technician,
94 cadillac deville: it to blow out of the vents right in front of you
i have no heat in my 94 cadillac deville. already did thrmo... also cant get it to blow out of the vents right in front of you. it dose blow on defrost but its cold air.. it get just worm enough to de… read more
RICH
RICH
Cadillac journeyman technician,
WATER PUMP AND THE THERMOSTAT THEY ARE GOOD, BUT I STILL BLOW COLD AIR
I CHANGED THE WATER PUMP AND THE THERMOSTAT THEY ARE GOOD, BUT I STILL BLOW COLD AIR WHEN I TURN ON THE HEAT… read more
ase_master327
ase_master327
Owner & Student,
2006 DTS: side vents..High Pass side blows cold air..windshield
2006 DTS cannot get heat out of pass side vents Both sides set to 90 Fan on High Pass side blows cold air while dirvers side blows lukewarm when in full auto settings cannot get heat thru floor or win… read more
Scott
Scott
GM Master Technician,
98 Seville STS: thermostat..heater hoses and refilled..center console
Have a 98 Seville STS that had a radiator failure 2 months ago. replaced the radiator, hoses, thermostat, heater hoses and refilled with GM coolant and pellets. Since that time after a days driving ne… read more
ASE Certified Technician,
2 YEARS COLLEGE