Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2003 Cadillac CTS Water Pump Replacement Process. I use AllDataDIY

Customer Question
2003 Cadillac CTS Water Pump...
2003 Cadillac CTS Water Pump Replacement Process. I use AllDataDIY to obtain information on how to fix certain components, but I'm having a hard time finding the step by step process to replace the Water Pump. They show how to replace the pump, but not the steps necessary to get at the pump.

I have a couple questions:

1. What steps do I take to get at the part? (removing the air handling, timing belt cover, belts etc.)
2. I also need to know what size sockets - star (male/female) I will need to perform the job.

In addition, I'm replacing the spark plugs and was looking for the steps to follow to replace those.

Thanks,
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cadillac
12/3/2011
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

2003 Cadillac CTS 6 Cylinders 3.2L MFI DOHC

For the instructions from chilton, click here.

Repair manuals don't usually tell you what size sockets or wrenches to use and even if I did find the size of the bolts, it would only be the width, length and thread of the bolts and not what size socket it uses.

Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician