Goodwrench9124
Goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer,Hrybrid certified
5720312

Cadillac STS I have a 2006 Cad STS and my key fob is not working

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Cad STS and my key fob is not working properly. I deactivated my alarm because the fob started becoming very unreliable, sometime it would work to unlock my doors and sometime it would not. Now that I have deactivated my alarm I am able to access the car with the key, but I still need the fob to start the car. I am having trouble starting the car. When I get in the car the display reads, "key fob not found". I continue to press the open button on the fob and eventually the car apparently receives the signal and starts. Do you think this is a simple problem of just changing the battery in my fob? Any idea what type of battery I need for my fob?

Thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Goodwrench9124 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome, I would for sure just try a new battery. pretty simple to replace.

Insert a coin into the slot on the battery access cover on the back of the transmitter.

• Turn the coin counterclockwise to remove the transmitter rear cover.
  • Remove the battery.
  •  

Install a GM P/N 90541381 battery type or equivalent. you can also buy the battery at radio shack