Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

How to reset the security system on an 02 Cadillac escalade?

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/11/2011
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, here is the relearn procedure you need to perform

When performing the 30-minute relearn procedure, all previously learned keys will be erased from the TDM memory. Additional keys may be learned after performing the relearn procedure.

• With a master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  • Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale(security light) will turn OFF.
  • Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  • Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

Important: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

• With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and/or the ECM has now learned the fuel continue password.
  • If additional keys are required to be learned:
  • Adding Keys

Important:

To initiate, this procedure requires that a learned master key be available.
    A total of 10 master keys or valet keys may be programmed to a single vehicle.
    This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
    The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.
    If more than one valet key is to be learned, immediately precede each valet key with a learned master key.

1. With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    2. Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key.
    3. Within 10 seconds insert the key to be learned. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF. The vehicle has now learned the new key.
  • Ask Your Own Cadillac Question

• Adding Keys

Important:

• Ask Your Own Cadillac Question

If you have any questions or need further help on this matter, feel free to ask any follow up question. Otherwise, please remember to click the accept button to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a paysite and the expert is not paid for their, time or services until you do so.

if you have a subscription service, you still need to click the accept button, however you are NOT charged again. Thank you.
    Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager