JHoop
JHoop, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

Cadillac Seville My 1992 cadillac seville will not start because

My 1992 cadillac seville will not start because the security system is not recognizing the keys. How do I reset the system to recognize my keys?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Hello , my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Please tell me all the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide.

There is no reset if the lock cylinder does not recognize the keys.

A new lock cylinder with the right resistance value must be installed or the system must be bypassed.

If you have any more questions or need diagrams or service info, please don't hesisitate to ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The message on the instrument panel says starter disabled, wait three minutes. Can the system be bypassed? Would someone trying to break in the car cause this? The car didnt recognize the keys after being parked in a grocery store parking lot at 1am.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I had the same question on a Chevy Monte Carlo today. The bypass is the best way to deal with this. CLICK HERE for the bypass info.