Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

How can i program a lost key of Fleetwood ?

12/18/2010
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Cadillac problem.

Are you replacing an ignition key or a remote transmitter for the door locks?

since my cutomer lost all keys, i made new key to open the doors and for the igntion as well but the car doesnt crank and shows the securty has locked.

I want to start the car!

The key has a chip in it for the security system. The chip must match the original key. There are 15 different possible key codes.

This could be bypassed under the dash with a resistor, but you would still need to have the correct resistance value.

Key numberResistor reading in Ohms
1392
2523
3681
4887
51.13k
61.47k
71.87k
82.37k
93.01k
103.74k
114.75k
126.04k
137.50k
149.53k
1511.80k

Please make a brief explanation, i am not used to this system but i am good with transponder key built cars.

So what should I do to start the car? Do i have to order ignition key and lock complete?
If it’s a resistance, is it possible to bypass the system? How can i check the resistance inside the key? is the key number written somewhere?

The key number is XXXXX written anywhere. The dealer has a tool that Has all resistance values built in. The resistors can be tested in the system one at a time. A four minue wait is required between each resistance value. There is an orange insulated wire coming out of the base of steering column under the dash. There are two small white wires coming out of the orange insulation. The resistor must be placed across the two white wires.
Okay ! do i have to measure the resistance with igntion ON or OFF, key IN or OUT?
so in that case , i can use the non transponder key i cut, RIGHT?

i guess , i need one reply to start the car!

Thanks in advance!

Okay ! do i have to measure the resistance with ignition ON or OFF, key IN or OUT?
does it have some tolerance or it has to be accurate resistance?

Thanks in advance!
The resistance needs to be within 15% of the correct value. If you do not have an original key to measure resistance off of, you will have to try each of the 15 different resistance values, waiting 4 minutes between each one.
I tried to simulate the resistance but doesn't start .
if it has a resistance , I guess voltage should come in ether of the white wires right? But no voltage !

It would seem that there should be at least a small voltage signal on one of the wires. It could be that the VATS module is faulty. This is all part of the Central Control Module behind the rear seat. If this module is replaced, you can use a new key with a chip, or substitute any resistance value and the new module will learn that value.

graphic

Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Thanks so much and i will reply if i faced and probelm !
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician