Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2001 CADILLAC SEVILLE FUEL AND TEMP GAUGE INOP, BATTERY LIGHT ON

Customer Question

Submitted: 6 years ago via Patientsville.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

If these problems are relatedl then your instrument cluster needs to be replaced......But you could also have seperate issues scuh as alternator, fuel level sender, and coolant temp sensor. Press and hold the info up and info off/on button to check diagnostic codes and let me know what they are. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no data is available from all systems
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Ok, then you have a wiring problem on your modules......There is a purple wire that goes from module to module and its the dataline.....You will need to inspect this wire and you can try to connect/disconnect each of the modules one at a time to try and find the loose connection/wiring problem. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.