John, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATIONS A1-A8 & L1 / 40 YEARS AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE
6408229

2001 Cadillac Deville: is a used car and the lights were working

What would cause the dash lights to go dim in a 2001 Cadillac Deville? This is a used car and the lights were working when I took the car for a test drive. On the end of my test drive the dash lights dropped down to a faint dimming effect. The seller had no answer for this problem.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JA,

This could be a problem with the light control sensor or the instrument panel integration module.A scan of these computers would need to be done to view the data from the sensor & the command from the computer when this event happens.Usually when a problem such as this occurs there will be a fault code in the body control module.