Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

my oil light comes on , but the car runs fine.. just had an

my oil light comes on , but the car runs fine.. just had an oil change

If its saying your low on oil but the oil level is actually good then your oil level sensor needs to be replaced. If its saying oil pressure is low you need to test oil pressure to see if its actually low, if not replace the oil pressure sensor. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should I take it to the dealership
It doesnt need to go to the dealership for this....I'm not sure how muc work you do yourself, but either sensor is easy to replace....Otherwise if you would rather bring it somewhere just bring it to a small shop that wont charge as much since its a simple job. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.