Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Information center says engine is hot / AC off

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician replied 7 years ago
Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
First of all, make sure your cooling fan comes on when the engine gets hot or when the AC is selected. If the cooling fan is OK then it is a good idea to have your AC condenser and engine radiator cleaned with a garden hose and compressed air. There is a space between the radiators where dirt and leaves tend to accumulate. Than prevents normal air flow through the radiators and your engine starts running a bit hot or even overheats.
Hope this helps.
Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
The car is not actually hot when the light comes on. It comes on immediatly after starting, the engine and radiator have been changed in the car.
Engine hot - A/C OFF warning message, will be displayed if coolant temperature is above 243°F.
If you get this message immediately after starting cold engine, then there is a problem with the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor or its wiring.
You will need to remove the wiper motor module in order to gain access to the ECT sensor.
O k We changed the ect sensor and changed the plug to the etc sensorand are still getting the message the instant the vehicle is started.
If the sensor and plug are new then it is time to check the wires between the sensor and Powertrain Control Module. You should werify that the wires are intact and not shorted to ground or power.if everything is OK then your PCM appears to be bad.
By the way, have you had your PCM scanned for trouble codes? If you have access to a scanner, what temperature appears on the scanner display?
Thanks.
Vlad
Vladgmru
Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician