Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

86 cadillac: take it to a real mechanic i just want to get it started…

Customer Question
I need to know how...
I need to know how to get my 86 cadillac started and I exchanged the battery out and checked it it's fine. It has been sitting for 2 months. I do not have much cash to fix it and I am relying on myself to start it to take it to a real mechanic i just want to get it started. It wants to start but wont turn over. Do i change the plugs or what?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/28/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: Tim West, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
We need to determine if the vehicle has low fuel pressure or lost spark.
Does the vehicle start when you spray some carb cleaner into the air filter/ throttle while crankin?