Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1981 Seville: with the 5.7L diesel engine..runs fine..harness ends…

Customer Question
Where is the glow plug...
Where is the glow plug relay on a 1981 Seville with the 5.7L diesel engine? My car stars and runs fine but I see a place where I expect the relay to be and some harness ends. Just want to be sure I'm looking in the right place.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/28/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: JHoop, Cadillac Technician replied 8 years ago
JHoop
JHoop, Cadillac Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but do not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged, but I don't get credit! Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you! Thanks again, JHoop
The picture is a very poor quality drawing. I can't tell anything from it. Any actual pictures? Even just an accurate description of the location would help.
It plainly says the driver side rear of the cylinder head?

"It plainly says the driver side rear of the cylinder head?" It actually says it's on the "Top LH rear of engine" (still the driver side) but there is nothing where the diagram shows it or on the driver side of the engine in the rear or front. I did find what looks like a controller on the RH (passenger) side of the engine bay and the heavy gauge wire comes off the battery to one side. Out the other side is the main glow plug wire harness coming off of it. (see the image I attached).

I appreciate the attempt but your answer was really of no value to me. I know you pulled it from a manual of some type but it was a drawing and not an actual picture of a 1981 Seville Diesel and based on what I see it is not correct. graphic