Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

1999 CADILLAC SEVILLE: I REPLACED THE WATER PUMP AND THERMOSTAT.

Customer Question
I HAVE A 1999 CADILLAC...
I HAVE A 1999 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS. IN 1/10 OF THIS TEAR I REPLACED THE WATER PUMP AND THERMOSTAT. THE PUMP WAS SEEPING. SINCE I REPLACED THE PUMP IT OVER HEATED FOR A SHORT TIME . I CHECKED THE FANS ,THEY ARE FINE AND REPLACED THE CAP ON THE FILLER TANK AND PUT IN SOME OF THE SEALER TABS. THE TEMP GAUGE IN THE DASH WAS ACTING UP. ON MY NEXT OIL CHANGE AT THE GM DEALER THEY PUT AN INFORED THEMOMETERON IT AND THE ETC WAS BAD AND IT WAS REPLACED. WHEN I DRIVE AROUND TOWN THE TEMP IS NORMAL, BUT WHEN I GET ON THE HIGHWAY IT HEATS UP. ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANK YOU RANDY
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/25/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
these cars are notorious for head gasket and head bolt issues, i would have a combustion leak test performed to verify. There are several service bulletins on this issue
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
can i get a copy of the bulletins somewhere?

Bulletin No.: 99-06-01-015A

Date: January 15, 2008

INFORMATION

Subject:
New Thread Repair Kit Available For Damaged Engine Block Bolt Holes

Models:
1993 Cadillac Allante
1996-1999 Cadillac Deville
1993-1999 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville
1994-1999 Cadillac Concours
1995-1999 Oldsmobile Aurora
1999 Marine

with 4.0L or 4.6L Engine (VINs C, Y, 9 - RPOs L47 LD8 L37)

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to remove models. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 99-06-01-015 (Section 06 - Engine).

A thread repair kit (Kent-Moore J 42385-500) is available to repair damaged engine block bolt holes for the cylinder head bolts and the crankshaft main bearing bolts. Installation instructions are included with each kit.

File In Section: 06 - Engine/Propulsion System

Bulletin No.: 00-06-01-016

Date: August, 2000

INFORMATION

Subject:
Enhanced Aluminum Engine Component Thread Repair Process

Models:
1993 Cadillac Allante
1993-2001 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville
1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours
1996-2001 Cadillac DeVille
2000-2001 Cadillac DeVille Touring
1997-2001 Chevrolet Corvette
1998-2001 Chevrolet Camaro
1995-2001 Oldsmobile Aurora (V8)
1999-2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora (V6)
1998-2001 Pontiac Firebird
with 2.2 L, 3.5 L, 4.0 L, 4.6 L or 5.7 L Engine
(VINs F, H, C, 9, Y, G, S - RPOs L61, LX5, L47, L37, LD8, LS1, LS6)

An enhanced thread repair process has been developed for use on General Motors aluminum engine components for the above listed engines. The thread repair kits used for this process represent a significant advancement in aluminum component thread repair, providing consistently repeatable high quality repairs which, when properly performed, will meet or exceed the original specifications. This enhanced thread repair process can, and should, be used to repair aluminum engine components, instead of complete engine replacement, whenever possible. Kent-Moore has distributed these thread repair kits to General Motors dealerships as part of their essential tool packages. The J 43965 Thread Repair Extension Kit has proven to be invaluable in the repair of difficult to access thread repair locations. Listed are the Engine VINs / RPOs and the applicable Kent-Moore essential tool thread repair kits.

Consult the appropriate applicable GM Service Manual or Kent-Moore thread repair kit for complete detailed instructions on the proper use of the above thread repair kits.

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Important : This Thread
graphic
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy