Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 cadillac: torque converter..a shuddering..shift

Customer Question
Ww have a 2000 cadillac...
Ww have a 2000 cadillac with 113K miles. The transmission and torque converter were just replaced and now their is a shuddering when the transmission is near the shift point. The car has never done this before, only since the transmission was replaced. It also shudders when slowing down. Not the brakes because it will do it without the brakes being applied. Also, the rotors were turned and new pads put on the from recently. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/21/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: John, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
John, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
john :

Hello & Welcome to JA,

john :

I believe your problem is a faulty torque converter,this is not unheard of in a rebuilt unit.I suggest you replace it with a new torque converter.