Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 1997 cadd is lousing coolent I have put new cap the heads..leaks…

Customer Question
my 1997 cadd is lousing...
my 1997 cadd is lousing coolent I have put new cap the heads are not leaking we can no leaks under car
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/16/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Best thing to do is make sure the coolant is full and rent or borrow a cooling system pressure tester and pump up the radiator to whatever the cap is rated at or 15 lbs and the leak should show up alot better. If you don't see any external leaks, start it up and make sure you have no white smoke out of the tailpipes. Allow the engine to cool or first check that no air bubbles are coming up in radiator or you could have a blown head gasket. Don't forget to lift up the carpet inside the vehicle wherever the heater core is and look for a leak there, also.