Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Turn it a little all light come no the dash, but when i..theft system…

Customer Question
when i put my key...
when i put my key in turn it a little all light come no the dash, but when i turn it on averything shut down and it say service theft system. what does that mean.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
6/10/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 8 years ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Do you have more than one key?
LIKE WHEN YOU GET IN THE CAR, AND TURN THE KEY TO ON POSTION BUT THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE SERVICE LIGHT, OIL LIGHT, ABS LIGHT, AND THE OTHER LIGHT. THEN YOU TURN TO CRANK IT IT DONT DO NOTHING. LIKE IT JUST SHUT DOWN LIKE ITS THE WRONG KEY.
I need to know if you have more than one key to this vehicle, and whether you tried using all of your keys. You may have a faulty key, or there may be another problem with the theft deterrent system. But the starting point is to try starting the car with another key, and see if it works.