Cadillac

91 allante: diagrams and instruction on how to replace heater core…

Customer Question
how do I replace heater...
how do I replace heater core in 91 allante?

Do you have diagrams and instruction on how to replace heater core in a 91 Allante?... Read full answer

Do you have diagrams and instruction on how to replace heater core in a 91 Allante?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Cadillac
2/17/2010
Cadillac Mechanic: JHoop, Cadillac Technician replied 9 years ago
JHoop
JHoop, Cadillac Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
according to your directions I must also remove the radio and chasis, do you have drawing and instructions on how do that?
RADIO CONTROL HEAD WITH COLUMN SHIFT
  1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the radio trim plate.
  3. Remove the 4 screws from the side brackets.
  4. Pull out the control head and disconnect the wiring connectors. Remove the radio control head.

To install:

1. The installation is the reverse of removal.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Radio control head with column shift-Eldorado and Seville

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Remove the radio trim plate

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Remove the fasteners and pop the radio out of the instrument panel

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Unplug the connectors from the rear of the unit and don't forget the antenna coupling

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
you are showing me a El dorado or Sevelle not allante cadillac.
I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Thanks again for choosing justanswer! JHoop.
I thought I would save myself some bucks, but you know it seems more dificult than I may be able to do, so will see if Cadi dealer can fix it....
There is no service information in any of my databases and I have 4. The labor time to replace the radio is a half hour so it can't be that difficult.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Cant get the convertible top to lock down. Mechanism appears
Cant get the convertible top to lock down. Mechanism appears to be broken … read more
Steve
Steve
Do you have any pictures or diagrams how to change out the
Do you have any pictures or diagrams how to change out the heater core on my 2005 Cadillac SRX 6 cylinder. The core is definitely bad. … read more
Automotive Technician,
1990 cadillac allante antenna motor wont shut off but the
1990 cadillac allante antenna motor wont shut off but the antenna doesnt go down had the upper radiator hose replaced & now my heater only works when it wants my door locks on the door dont work & my … read more
Roy
Roy
shop foreman,
Stop searching for answers—
My allante wont start and I need to wait 3 inutes then say
hi my allante wont start and I need to wait 3 inutes then say stard and after that I need to wait another 3 minutes don't crank at all … read more
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
Cadillac allante: 91 allante, the pull down motor was ok but
91 allante, the pull down motor was ok but got stuck and just hums, how do I fix it? THANKS BURT… read more
Retired,
N/A
Cadillac Allante: I just bought a 91 Allante. Yesterday I
I just bought a 91 Allante. Yesterday I cleaned the snow off it and ran the car for ~30 mins to warm up. Then I shut it off. This morning the battery was dead. I thought all the power stuff shut off w… read more
Service consultant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have an interest in a 91 Allante with 157K miles. seller
I have an interest in a 91 Allante with 157K miles. seller says all is good but wondering what i should look for----is the 91 a northstar engine ?… read more
Automotive Technician,
I have a 91 Allante which I have replaced the plugs and fuel
I have a 91 Allante which I have replaced the plugs and fuel filter on. It still is missing. Any ideas?… read more
RIP ROBERT
RIP ROBERT
OWNER,
91 Allante: driver side..controls..seat movement..part number
'91 Allante, driver side armrest switch panel controls windows/doorlocks and seat movement, need part number to replace… read more
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Cadillac Technician,
91 cadillac fleetwood: therm flushed the coolent..heater core..leaking
i have a 91 cadillac fleetwood 2door coupe changed the therm flushed the coolent but the heat is still cold now and then heater core not leaking… read more
David H
David H
1998 cadillac deville: heater core..my 1997 chevy tahoe..dash apart
how do you change the heater core on a 1998 cadillac deville ive done my 1997 chevy tahoe from under the dash without tearing the dash apart can i do the same for the caddilac… read more
Automotive Technician,
ESCALADE ESV: V..PASSENGER..LEAKING HEATER CORE???IF YOU..DASHBOARD
VEHICLE: 04' CADDY ESCALADE ESV 6.0L V-8 AWD PROBLEM: TERRIBLE SMELL OF "FUMES" IN PASSENGER COMPARTMENT. EXHAUST SYSTEM CHECKS OUT O.K. MY SUSPICION: LEAKING HEATER CORE??? IF YOU AGREE, HOW DIFICULT… read more
David H
David H
Stop searching for answers—
1989 Cadillac Fleetwood (FWD): diagram..heater core..the dashboard
For 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood (FWD) 4.5L (Vin5) Is there a diagram + step by step how to to replace a heater core, do I need to remove the dashboard or can I get around that? I've already flushed and re… read more
Automotive Diagnostic Specialist,
General auto certifications
91 deville: the passenger side vent and when it..vents..blow cold air
on a 91 deville what would cause the heat to only com out the passenger side vent and when it is set to the floor only on the far right and they other vents that it is supposed to come out blow cold a… read more
RICH
RICH
Cadillac journeyman technician,
91 cadillac deville: bottom but blows cold on the driver side
got a 91 cadillac deville it blows heat out of the passnger side top an bottom but blows cold on the driver side?… read more
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Cadillac Technician,
91 Cadillac DeVille: 125,000 miles..recently replaced
91 Cadillac DeVille with 125,000 miles. I recently replaced the engine with one with 90,000. Since then the heater has not worked. Now that it is cold weather I need to fix it. The synptom is it blows… read more
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Cadillac Technician,
1991 Cadillac Eldorado: the heater core..anyone give..diagrams
I am replacing the heater core in my 1991 Cadillac Eldorado. It is different than the instructions I have. Can anyone give me more detailed instructions or diagrams for this year? I don't have to begi… read more
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Cadillac Technician,
1991 cadillac deville: Hard is it to change the heater core..DIAGRAMS
How Hard is it to change the heater core on a 1991 cadillac deville and how do I get to it. DO YOU HAVE ANY DIAGRAMS TO HELP ME tHANK YOU… read more
ase_master327
ase_master327
Owner & Student,