Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2002 Escalade: full power to my battery - it wont start..anti theft

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Escalade - I have full power to my battery - It won't start because of the anti theft - How do I cancel that? UGHHHH I called Caddilac and they were no help what so ever
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.

Welcome. Does the security light flash when you try to start? If so then you can use the relearn below. If the security is not the issue, then there are other issues.

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ( the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password).

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That didn't work - Should I try the steps again

Did the light flash?

Does the engine crank normally?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it did crank normally - the security light did flash normally - when I put it in the on or crank position I have an engine light in that box - when I leave it in the on position the engine light stays there
OK, does the fuel pump run when you first turn the key on? THis is a small electric motor in the fuel tank that you will hear running for a couple seconds.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes sir it does
OK, can you put a small amount of gas into the throttle body and see if the engine tries to start or stumbles?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't do that - sorry
OK, can you test the fuel pressure? There is a spot on the right side of the fuel rail to test the pressure. 55-62 psi.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
58
What brand of gauge are you using? Are you a shop? Was that the pressure with the pump running? What was the drop when you stopped the pump from running?