Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Changing the front motor mount on 2001 Deville DTS

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
10/11/2009
Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Hello <a href="http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=24741654&FID=118"Customer

Yea, these are a pain. I was replacing head gaskets on one the other day and it was a pain with the radiator removed.
You have to remove the mount with the bracket and then take the mount off the bracket. There is a bracket that goes to the transmission that comes off and then there is 4 bolts that hold the bracket on. To r
emove the front engine mount and bracket from the vehicle, Rotate the mount and bracket in a counterclockwise direction to remove from the vehicle.
It is a tight fit.
Dan, ASE Certified Technician
dont i have to jack something up first
The engine need to be jacked up and the front craddle(frame) needs to be lowered.
Remove the lower mount nut and the 2 front craddle bolts with a jack under the craddle. Take another jack and put it under the oil pan(use block of wood between jack and pan to prevent damage to pan). remove thelower nut from the mount on the passenger side for greater clearance.
Thank you but could u call me between 11 am est and 1 est on(NNN) NNN-NNNNI have a friend who knows more than I do I will appreciate it and will show it when job is completed Charles
We are not allowed to contact you other than here. I would be risking my job here if I do. Sorry.
I Can help you here as long as you need help.

Here is the instructions to replace it.
Dan, ASE Certified Technician