Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

WHERE IS THE FUEL PUMP RELAY IN A 1997 CADILLAC CATERA

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
9/27/2009
Cadillac Mechanic: car tech, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
let me get that for you
here is a chart of the locatin you asked forgraphic
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
The real problem is that the motor spins but does not turnover. The fuel pump fuse was loose and now the fuel pump is running and I now have fuel pressure. What is the next step, I have not checked the relays yet
if the pump is running and you have pressure it has nothing to do with the relay i would recomend checking for voltage at the fuel injectors
not gettin any spark to spark plug
let me look up the ignition on this one
have you checked it for codes yet also the tube from the mass air flow sensor if its damaged it will cause a no start make sure its on and tight and no cracks and the sensor is pluged in
where is the mass air flow sensor?
it is in front of the engine by the radiator i will post a picture for you
graphic
mass air flow sensor looks ok, not kinked
ok have you checked it for codes
PO743 AND P1870 I READ THESE A YEAR AGO, DON;T KNOW HOW VALID THEY ARE, WHAT DO THEY MEAN
po743 is for the tourqe converter clutch solinoid not the current issue and 1870 is transmission control module again not the current issue can you get a code reader and scan for current codes
GETTING SPARK NOW, IT STARTS AND SHUTS OFF-STARTS AND SHUTS OFF, ECT. WILL NOT STAY RUNNING
HAVE GAS PRESSURE, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO KEEP RUNNING, COULD THAT BE THE FUEL FILTER NEEDS TO BE CHANGED
it may be shutting the fuel off with the security system after it starts i would recomend a fuel pressure test to see how much pressure it has when you turn the key on and a new scan for codes this will help us determine the problem
THE SECURITY IS ON WHEN I AM TRYING TO START THE CAR, IS THERE A WAY TO DISARM THE SYSTEM?
this will take me some time to get that info this car is a little harder togather info on so i will have to get back to you
I AM GOING TO TAKE A NAP FOR A WHILE TALK TO YA SOON
Any news on the security
i just got back in im working on it
the software says you have to have a tech2 gm scanner to access this
car tech
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician