How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CCTMSTR Your Own Question
CCTMSTR, GM Certified Master Technician
Category: Cadillac
Satisfied Customers: 395
Experience:  GM Master Technician.ASE Master.Advanced Level L1. NV State G2 Emission Inspector
Type Your Cadillac Question Here...
CCTMSTR is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1999 Escalade: Fuel Pressure Regulator..5.7L..the fuel pump, filter

This answer was rated:

Where is the Fuel Pressure Regulator located on a 1999 Escalade 5.7L? We have replaced the fuel pump, filter, etc., but only get 45PSI at the pressure port, so we suspect the FPR. But we can't find it on top of the motor. Is it under the throttle body or injection connector?


Object Number: 12911  Size: SH
The fuel pressure regulator is located on the drivers side of the engine where the fuel lines connect to the fuel rail. I sent a picture
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both the fuel supply and return lines connect at a fitting that has two 5/16" nuts holding them down. There is no FPR at this location unless it is under the manifold or under this fitting. In order to remove this fitting, I must remove the upstream hold-down bracket for the two lines, which secures them from moving around. Am I on the right track with this reasoning?

the digit of the vin a "R" then the regulator is located under the plastic plenum. The fuel lines are attached to the fuel meter body and the regulator is attached also I will send another picture

Object Number: 371194  Size: SH
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the VIN has an "R" in the eighth place and again in the eleventh place. So, do I remove the plastic plenum to find the FPR under it? If so, does that mean that I remove the injection connectors, the throttle body, et al.? Please feel free to give me some details. I am a competant mechanic but like to know what I'm looking for.

I would replace the complete meter body assembly
I have seen the regulator replaced only to find the failure is in the meter body
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, this is new information. I would like to replace only the FPR, as discussed.
( We don't have a new meter body for this vehicle, and I need to get it running NOW.)
I just need to know the details I asked for above: to expose the meter body/FPR unit, do I remove the throttle body, fuel injection connectors, etc., etc.? OR, do I just remove the fuel lines at this point? OR, do I have to remove the EGR, MAP sensor, all the other stuff on top of the plenum? Please give me some details.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Any response?
The black plastic (upper) plenum needs to be removed. Injector electrical connector, fuel lines (there is a 10 mm bolt) holding the line bracket onto the rear of the block. remove throttle body brackets and linkage cables NOTE to placement of the plenum bolts and additional brackets. disconnect map , tps, iac, purge solenoid electrical connectors and vacuum lines including pcv..It will take some finesse to clear the plenum fron the engine.
You should replace the plenum gaskets. Use white/ litium grease around the meter body seal (orange or blue in color) this will aid in installing the plenum.
CCTMSTR and 2 other Cadillac Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Perfect. We can do that stuff. Thank you.

Your welcome.