Cadillac

1999 Cadillac Seville: The glove box..Dealer says..lock assembly…

Customer Question
I own a 1999 Cadillac...
I own a 1999 Cadillac Seville STS. The glove box will not open and the Dealer says he may breeak it trying to open it to replace the lock assembly, and if so, I will be responsible for the cost of an entire new glove box, not just the lock. (Several hundred dollars) He also said this was a common problem. If... Read full answer
I own a 1999 Cadillac Seville STS. The glove box will not open and the Dealer says he may breeak it trying to open it to replace the lock assembly, and if so, I will be responsible for the cost of an entire new glove box, not just the lock. (Several hundred dollars) He also said this was a common problem. If so, I think it should be Cadillac's problem, not mine, but meanwhile I'll just leave it shut. PROBLEM: I can't get my owner's manual and the computer goes bonkers from time to time automatically reseting seats, steering wheel, etc. when the key is turned off or on. I NEED THE INSTRUCTIONS ON RESETTING THE AUTOMATIC CONTROLS FOR SEATS, LOCKS, STEERING WHEEL, ETC., HAVING SET THEM ONLY ONCE 10 YEARS AGO. Thanks.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Cadillac
8/27/2009
Cadillac Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 9 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name isXXXXX reset the meory seats, put it in the positon you desire, then push the set button and 1 within 5 seconds. As for the glove box, if the lock wont open, then you will have to remove it anyway you can, and that usually ends up breaking it, I would find one at a salvage yard first, before you attemp to remove it.Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

I managed to get a satisfactory setting on the seat and will accept the charge. However, I have some questions left unanswered regarding the resetting seats, steering wheel, locks, etc, from time to time.

There are two buttons on my dash to the right of the steering wheel-(1) Info Reset and (2) On Off.

There are two other buttons on the driver's door 1--- Exit

2--- Memory Set

I remember the Salesman at the Dealership using all of these buttons to customize my settings, and for the second driver, my wife. I would like to know how to reset these settings (and to be honest, without the manual now locked in the glove box, I don't even remember all of the settings available). If you could forward that information in a form that I can print out, I will keep it for future use. Thanks.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My tilt steering wheel wont come down ,the driver six way
My tilt steering wheel wont come down ,the driver six way seat wont move and the power door locks wont unlock … read more
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Cadillac Technician,
2002 cadillac sls seville. Looked at the fuses. But no help
Try to hook up a radio in my Cadillac wires touched a spark happened and my computer in my dashboard went bonkers… read more
Mike S.
Mike S.
Cadillac De Ville: 1G6KD54Y83U263265 vin# XXXXX m gonna buy this
1G6KD54Y83U263265 vin# XXXXX m gonna buy this car 5k this is gonna be my first cad... Please give me advise is this a good choose or should I look another one?? Ty 4 your help… read more
Mike S.
Mike S.
Stop searching for answers—
Cadillac Seville: I have a 1993 Cadillac Seville sts. The
I have a 1993 Cadillac Seville sts. The LCD's on either side of the steering wheel do not light up. The tach, gas gauge, horn and buttons for fans and air conditioning are not working. They have come … read more
Automotive Diagnostic Specialist,
General auto certifications
98 cadillac seville sts: manually..driver side heating..steering wheel
how do i manually switch the driver side heating to air conditioning....i know something needs to be unplugged,,then plugged into the air conditioning unit, then turn a dial? I've removed the panel un… read more
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Cadillac Technician,
Cadillac: circuit..my horn and electric seat, I was told..10 minutes
I was advised that I need a replacement circuit breaker regarding my horn and electric seat, I was told that the replacement breaker was about $10.00 and would take about 10 minutes to replace , any i… read more
Mike S.
Mike S.
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Cadillac Seville: Caddy..CD player stopped working w/..02 03 04 stereo
My wife's 1999 Caddy Deville STS Custom radio's volume control went inoperative, not to mention the CD player stopped working w/in the first year we bought the car used 3 years ago...Anyway's, in Ebay… read more
David H
David H
1993 cadillac seville sts: previous owner..ac delco..the seat, and it
i just bought a 1993 cadillac seville sts and the previous owner left me two new ac delco bose speakers still in boxes. how do u get the rear dash cover off? i pulled out 3 plugs behind the seat, and … read more
David H
David H
Cad..locks..Memory for seat and steering wheel does not work.
1998 Cad STS. All windows and locks do not work on any door. Memory for seat and steering wheel does not work. Radio auto shut off when door opens does not work. I was troubleshooting a drivers door i… read more
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Cadillac Technician,
1993 Cadillac Seville STS: wheels..power steering pump it noises..ATF
e turned the wheels It is about a 1993 Cadillac Seville STS with Northstar. I cannot get the air out of power steering pump it noises. I have put on new pump, I have turned the wheels from side to sid… read more
David H
David H
1999 Cadillac STS: headlight..alternator..a power steering hose
After driving my car today, there is steam coming out from behind the headlight and/or in the radiator area. It is a 1999 Cadillac STS Seville, some fella (i don't think he is a certified mechanic put… read more
RIP ROBERT
RIP ROBERT
OWNER,
1999 Cadillac seville STS: indicator..SERVICE STABILITY SYS, what
I have a 1999 Cadillac seville STS and the system indicator is reading SERVICE STABILITY SYS, what does this mean? How can it be fixed?… read more
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Cadillac Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
2000 Cadillac Seville: tow..STS model of Seville..Northstar
how much weight can my 2000 Cadillac Seville tow? STS model of Seville. 325 hp Northstar engine.… read more
Retired,
N/A
2000 Seville: disconnected..ECM..a low oil light..instrument cluster
My son has a 2000 Seville STS. He recently disconnected the battery to reset the ECM, since a low oil light was on, even after oil was added. When he reconnected the battery, everything works except t… read more
ASE Certified Technician,
2 YEARS COLLEGE
2002 cadillac seville sts: steering wheel..of the windows wont work
my 2002 cadillac seville sts when im driving the driver seat and steering wheel move back and forth also some of the windows wont work… read more
Auto Go
Auto Go
Shop Owner,
1999 cadillac sts: seville..The eninge light is on and its PO1645
I have a 1999 cadillac sts seville. The eninge light is on and its PO1645. what is this. No one knows.… read more
Automotive Technician,
1999 Cadillac Seville STS: Warning..new brake pads and rotors..fronts
My 1999 Cadillac Seville STS has a Change Brake Pad Warning and Service Stabillity Control Warning that come on occassionally.I have put new brake pads and rotors on the rear and the fronts are O.K. T… read more
Randall C
Randall C
Auto Technician / Consultant,
1999 Cadillac DeVille: glove box..locksmith..metal and plastic
My glove box on my 1999 Cadillac DeVille won't open. It is not locked. I've talked with a locksmith and he said that the lock has metal and plastic and that the plastic probably broke. I'm disappointe… read more
Greg A
Greg A