Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

catera: My 2000..tcm(traction control module..warranty..fluid level

Customer Question
My 2000 cadi catera has...
My 2000 cadi catera has code u2108 when scanned, is this a sensor for the tcm(traction control module)   if so where are they located.and would they be considered a powertrain problem covered under a powertrain warranty? also howdo I check the tranny fluid level? they is no dip stick.
Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
8/10/2009
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

HiCustomer

That code is for a communication problem between NODES and must be tested with a scan tool by PINING all the nodes, and a lab scope to identify the signals. The NODES are all located in various parts of the car. it may or may not be covered under a warranty. There is no way for you to check tranny fluid level on that.

Thanks for your question and positive feedback,

I guess your answer was the best you could do,however i don't feel that it was very helpful to the situation. I guess i must go to the dealer

The answer I gave you was 100% correct, and this is not a DIY job. It's unfair though that the expert gets held liable because the customer didn't like the answer.

Thanks for your SUPPORT and positive feedback,

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor