Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

how do i change from metric to english on my readout on my

Customer Question
89 cadi deville...
how do i change from metric to english on my readout on my 89 cadi deville
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cadillac
5/1/2009
Cadillac Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician replied 8 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician
Is this Digital Cluster?
yes
Should be a switch / button labeled " M/E " is located on the Digital Cluster.
Push the " M/E " button to change it to English
i have an 89 cadi deville and and it does not have that button on it
Sorry for the wait..
Was trying to find a picture of my old one.
There is a switch / button labeled " M/E " on the Dash either on the Cluster or near it.
1989 Cadillac Deville
If you cannot find it, then I will OPT Out & see if someone else can help
no i do not have anything like that on the cluster
Look near the Cluster on the panels next to or below.
That is the only way it can change.
It may be close to the Odometer button
I've push and looked for this M/E and i keep saying that i dont have one on my car.

If this is a 1989 Cadillac Deville your Dash should look like this & the Button should be on the left as indicated

graphic

well it's not digital sorry, so i don't have that type
I am here to help........
You stated in my first Info Request that it "was Digital"........
So to make sure, let me ask again....
Does your 1989 Cadillac Deville have the Digital Cluster??
no
I will OPT Out for someone else
ok i'll be waiting
Cadillac Mechanic: scott, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
scott
scott, ASE Certified Technician

Hello Thomas,

I have attached a reset proceedure for you. This seems to be a problem, and my tech info had a note in it from a technician from another shop. It seems to be the fix.

I attached the info below, with the whole discussion.

Scott.

we have a 1990 caddy sedan deville with no e/m switch to switch from metric to english any ideas. we have talked to the dealer and thay have no ideas. i think there must be some kind of combination in the climate control switch ???

WE FIXED THIS PROBLEM BY LOWERING THE LOWER DASH PANEL AND UNPLUGGING THE GRAY CONNECTOR ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF STEERING COLUMN. WHEN IT IS PLUGGED IN IT IS ON METRIC AND UNPLUGGED IS ENGLISH.

scott
scott
scott, ASE Certified Technician