CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

I have question on CA real estate, need to talk to CA real…

Customer Question
I have question on...

I have question on CA real estate, need to talk to CA real estate layer

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

No, it is my first time

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: CA Real Estate
5/2/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, attorney replied 19 days ago
legalgems
legalgems, attorney

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Hello; if you post your question here I will review it. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I was a buyer under contract buying a property, my offer was mark " with appraisal contingency, 0 day"...in Californial buyer is required to sign addendum for contingency removal if offer is marked "contingency"
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I wanted to connect to a lawyer who know California real estate law
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
i will continue my question so a right lawyer can answer my question
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I was a buyer under contract buying a property, my offer was mark " with appraisal contingency, 0 day"...in Californial buyer is required to sign addendum for contingency removal if offer is marked "contingency", however seller/ listing agent never require my to sign addendum for appraisal removal...later appraisal value is about 150K less than my offer price, so i asked seller to reduce sale price and seller did not want to, so i signed the cancellation with the request of earnest deposit being refunded to me, but seller signed the cancellation only and rejected to sign the refund of deposit so my deposit of 33K is held in the escrow since Jan of 2018...seller put the house back on the marker and sold to another buyer in March of 2018.....as of now she reject to return my deposit... i initiate the mediation through a neutral 3rd party a months ago, seller just recently respond and ask for 6000 compensation in order for her to return 27000 to me...i wanted to know should i entitle my full deposit of 33K return to me or what is next step should i need to take??? i have to go through arbitration?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Is it unlawful that seller hold off my deposit of 33k since Jan of 2018? I was a buyer under contract buying a property, my offer was marked " with appraisal contingency, 0 day"...in Californial buyer is required to sign addendum for contingency removal if offer is marked "contingency", however seller/ listing agent never require me to sign addendum for appraisal removal, that mean I am still under the protection of appraisal contingency ...later appraisal cans in with value about 150K less than my offer price, so i asked seller to reduce sale price but seller refused it so i had to sign the cancellation with the request of earnest deposit being refunded to me, but seller signed the cancellation only and rejected to sign the refund of deposit so my deposit of 33K is held in the escrow since Jan of 2018...seller put the house back on the marker and sold to another buyer in March of 2018.....as of now she reject to return my deposit... i initiated the mediation through a neutral 3rd party a months ago, seller just recently responded and asked for 6000 compensation in order for her to return 27000 to me...i wanted to know i entitle my full deposit of 33K return to me? or what is next step should i need to take to get my deposit back ??? i have to go through arbitration?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I was a buyer under contract buying a property, my offer was marked " with appraisal contingency, 0 day"...in Californial buyer is required to sign addendum for contingency removal if offer is marked "contingency", however seller/ listing agent never require me to sign addendum for appraisal removal, that mean I am still under the protection of appraisal contingency ...later appraisal cans in with value about 150K less than my offer price, so i asked seller to reduce sale price but seller refused it so i had to sign the cancellation with the request of earnest deposit being refunded to me, but seller signed the cancellation only and rejected to sign the refund of deposit so my deposit of 33K is held in the escrow since Jan of 2018...seller put the house back on the marker and sold to another buyer in March of 2018.....as of now she reject to return my deposit... i initiated the mediation through a neutral 3rd party a months ago, seller just recently responded and asked for 6000 compensation in order for her to return 27000 to me...i wanted to know i entitle my full deposit of 33K return to me? or what is next step should i need to take to get my deposit back ??? i have to go through arbitration?
LawTalk, Attorney