CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

I am being forced to move and have less than 30 days to do…

I am being forced to...
I am being forced to move and have less than 30 days to do it. I have been unable to locate an affordable property. I am wondering if anyone has information about purchasing a piece of property with a promissory note. Or an REO property? I am limited on funds and time and I do not want to get myself int another rental.
3/11/2018
legalgems
legalgems, attorney

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

If one wishes to purchase property with a promissory note they would need to locate a willing private lender as most commercial lenders require a down payment.

Buying REOs still require either cash or a loan:

https://www.fdic.gov/buying/owned/

One option is to buy a lease to own property so that rent payments are credited towards the purchase price.

Please see:

https://www.zillow.com/mortgage-learning/rent-to-own/

Is a private lender the homeowner? and would you be able to do that with no cash deposit.

A private lender may be the owner of the house or it may be a third party.

Some lenders will lend with no down payment but that typically involves a higher interest rate.

legalgems
legalgems, attorney