CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

Does escrow instruction combine the buyer and the seller's…

Customer Question
Does escrow instruction combine the...
Does escrow instruction combine the buyer and the seller's contract, money and deed? If including lender, can there be a clause that lender has to pay a certain person from the sum that lender lends? Can you review a one page document?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: CA Real Estate
3/7/2018
Lawyer: MCSmith,
 replied 1 month ago
MCSmith

Hello, I'm Michael and I look forward to helping you. In response to your first question, yes, the escrow instructions combine all of the essential terms of the transaction into one document. You can request that escrow insert a clause regarding payment of a certain sum to a certain person from the loan proceeds, but it might be better to handle it by a simple amendment to the instructions. Ask the escrow officer for some guidance on the best way to deal with this issue. Normally, payment to a third party is done by way of a demand for payment issued by escrow to the person who is entitled to receive the money. I can review a document.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
LawTalk, Attorney