CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

What is the instrument no. Calfornia. I have the deed.

What is the instrument...

What is the instrument no.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Calfornia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have the deed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

California

3/3/2018
legalgems
legalgems, attorney

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Hello; what is your question please?

my question is on the Affidavit -death of joint tenant what is the instrument no.

https://saclaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/form-affidavit-death-of-joint-tenant.pdf

It is the number assigned to the deed and it is located on the deed usually next to a bar code because it can be scanned as well.

It will be in the deed.

thank you got it Have a good day

Here is a sample deed:

https://saclaw.org/wp-content/uploads/form-grant-deed-instructions.pdf

Where it says

"enter legal description" (in blue, right before the signature line on the bottom of page 1) -

that is where the instrument number usually is.

You are welcome!

Enjoy your day as well.

legalgems
legalgems, attorney