CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

CA Real Estate

California real estate law question Are there regulations /

Customer Question
California real estate law question Are...
California real estate law question
Are there regulations / restrictions on building into a backyard hill as shown in my photo?
Just a stairway to a small deck/sitting area.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: CA Real Estate
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley

is the deck on top of the hill?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m asking about possibly building one either on top of the hill or mid-way up it.

looking at that picture and what you are looking to do you are going to need the town's approval to do what you want

that is a pretty steep hill and you are looking to disturb the hill

I would suggest going to the township building and talking to zoning and planning and see what permits are needed

cool idea and project

does anyone else on your block have such a set up?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know I can do all that, I’ was hoping you could shed some light. Can you at least tell me if this typically approved, how much the permits cost, or anything? No other neighbors have this.

where in CA are you, city and county?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The question is regarding Ventura County - Thousand Oaks, Westlake village, around there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
FYI there are neighboring houses above on top of hill
LawTalk, Attorney