CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

I have to answer a cross complaint and the Cross-Complaints…

Customer Question
I have to answer a...
I have to answer a cross complaint and the Cross-Complaints are indicating that my intentions were to defraud, willfully and malicious them. How can I prove I did not try to defraud , willfully and malicious them? I contacted the Cross-Complaints multiple times to try to resolve the issues that were presented before I took legal action. I tried to meet the Cross-Complaints to obtain the documentations I needed to make a settlement, but the Cross-Complaints did not provide any documentations to help meet any agreement. How can I prove I tried to prevent defraud, willfully or malicious them?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: CA Real Estate
12/27/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, attorney replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, attorney

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear you are having to deal with a lawsuit; essentially the party making an allegation has the burden of proof; however, if the other party does not contest it, the court will assume that they agree with those allegations.
As such it is important to go through the cross complainant's allegations and state any facts/evidence that would help disprove the allegations.
Since fraud is an "intent" crime it can be asserted that the party lacked the requisite intent.

Lawyer: legalgems, attorney replied 4 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, attorney