CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

CA Real Estate

In California, parcels created by sectional breakdowns with…

Customer Question
In California, parcels created...

In California, parcels created by sectional breakdowns with no reference to assess/utility easements, rendering them landlocked. The jurisdiction has identified street names that connect to public roads but did not accept or require any deeded / dedications, so title insurance is being refused by the title company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. Testimony from Public Works Department states there is no dedication of the corridor in which there are no written access/utility easements.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The County has signage that identifies the "Road", a dirt, traveled way, that encroaches at a State Highway and continues open and unrestricted across the un-dedicated portion of the traveled way to a "Subdivision" of homes served by the dedicated portion of the continuation of the road. So placement of the county sign, suggests a county road, even though unimproved.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: CA Real Estate
Answered in 5 days by:
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Michael Lykken, Esq,
 replied 2 months ago
Michael Lykken, Esq

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a California real estate attorney. Thank you for using this service, and please be aware that I can only provide you with general legal advice in this forum. Now that the generalities are out of the way, I am not sure what your question is from the transcript so far. Can you please clarify your question for me? Once you do that I will be able to provide you with an answer. Thank you!

LawTalk, Attorney