CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

L got default judgement about 13 month ago. about 6 month…

Customer Question
Hi. l got default judgement...
Hi. l got default judgement about 13 month ago. about 6 month ago, one of the defendant came from Africa and filed a motion to vacate the judgement. The hearing was on August 10 -2017. During the hearing the judge denied the defendant motion and order my attorney to prepare the order for him to sign and serve the defendant. two weeks after the hearing the defendant filed in the court asking the copy of the statement of decision. Since August 10, My attorney could not still prepare the order and filed and serve. It seems like he is doing it on purpose. l just fired my attorney on Nov -3-2017. The defendant attorney filed something in the court again the day after l fired my attorney. what he filed is nothing but says Reservation No.(###) ###-####48. What is this?
It seems like the defendant attorney is trying to blame and accusing me for not preparing the order and serve him the order. trying to take me to the court for this. l know he is trying to appeal the case again also. Right now l am trying to get another attorney. please let me know what this reservation Number is.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: CA Real Estate
11/29/2017
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Attorney replied 7 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

I need to know which court the case is filed in.

San Francisco, California
l am 100% sure my attorney has some kind of hidden deal with the defendant and defendant attorney. He is being paid.

I just learned that I cannot look it up with the reservation number, I need the case number.

I want to look up your case at the Court website.

A reservation number means he got a hearing date for a motion, see

http://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/divisions/civil/law-motion

which states:

"Yes, for Law and Motion matters, you must obtain a hearing date and reservation number prior to filing your motion. Law and Motion matters are heard Monday - Friday at 9:30 a.m. (except Court holidays). You do not have to observe the code requirements as to notice, service and filing. To obtain a hearing date and reservation number, you must do the following: ///"

The part I underlined seems very questionable because it is well settled that local rules of court cannot conflict with the State rules of court or statutes.

Please tell me the case number ***** I will try to determine what is happening in your case.